Yama Yoga 200+Hour
Yoga Alliance Certification
Teacher Training Program
Teacher training at Yama Yoga is an immersive personal experience and foundation for a part-time or full-time career as a yoga teacher. Our goal is to offer you the tools, training and support to teach high-quality hatha yoga classes with confidence. This 9-month teacher training program combines over 200 hours of in-person weekend training sessions with online learning and individual mentoring to offer a challenging and unique teacher training experience.
• Study and application of principles of alignment and exercise science for asana and tools for leading safe and effective group classes and adapting to individual needs.
• Extensive training and practice developing practical teaching skills including: structuring a yoga class, using your eyes, voice and hands to enhance student experiences, teaching to a diversity of learning styles and personalities, building rapport, managing yourself as a professional and maintaining your personal practice.
• Overview of the form (anatomy) and function (physiology) of the physical structure and energetic framework of the body as applied to asana, pranayama and meditation.
• Introduction to history, primary philosophies and traditions of yoga through study of important texts, models and rituals.
Yama Yoga's teacher training program meets in person ten times and includes over 30 hours of online learning, one-on-one mentoring and practice sessions.
In addition to regular, committed study and practice time, in-person sessions will take place on the following Saturdays and Sundays from 9am - 6pm during 2016 - 2017.
- September 23-24
- October 22-23
- November 12-13
- December 10-11
- January 7-8
- January 28-29
- February 18-19
- March 18-19
- April 8-9
- May 6-7
Ready to Take the First Step?
Trainings Lead By Marietta Pucillo, ERYT-200
& Laura Rooney, PhD, ERYT-500
Training is led by Marietta Pucillo, ERYT-200, and Laura Rooney, PhD, ERYT-500. Required in-person classes are held on Saturdays and Sundays allowing those who have weekday work schedules to participate. Included in your tuition are unlimited yoga classes at Yama Yoga Studio for the 9 months of the program, in-person training weekends and online webinars. At the end of the program, students who have successfully completed the required training hours, homework and assessment will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher at the 200-hour level. If you would like more information or have questions about the program, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
Review, Refresh and Renew Your Teaching
If you have already completed a 200-hour teacher training program, but would like to review and refresh your knowledge and skills, join the 200-hour teacher training program described above as a "retrain."
Why consider retraining at the 200-hour level?
- Review: Hearing and seeing information a second time after starting teaching allow you to catch things missed the first time and work with material at a deeper level.
- Refresh: Test your knowledge and skills again and learn new techniques - there are numerous teaching methods and techniques that keep evolving. Add onto your existing foundation of teaching tools.
- Renew: There is always a benefit to reconnecting with ourselves as students and engaging our beginner's mind.
Retraining is open to anyone who has participated in any 200-hour teacher training. Retraining is a great option if you feel like your first 200-hour program went too fast or you want to increase your depth of understanding and confidence leading classes. Retraining teachers participate in and benefit from everything included in the 200-hour program described above - at a 50% reduced tuition rate.
Complete information and application for the "retrain" option available here:
2016-2017 Yama Yoga 200-hour Retrain Application
If you would like more information or have questions about the program, please contact Marietta Pucillo or Laura Rooney and we will be happy to help!
Ready to take the next step?
$250 Off the Enrollment Fee if Tuition Paid in Full by July 15.
Tuition payment plans available.
Free Unlimited Yoga Membership Included!
Acceptance to the program and preregistration is required.
Questions?: email@example.com →
See photos from previous semesters.