Join us for celebratory asana, music, art and more during our offering to this great elephant-headed lord during
Ganesha Caturthi 2017!
10-days of learning, living and loving:
- Thursday, August 24 7-8:30pm: We kick-off our celebration with a special class of asana, live music and art. Everyone receives a Ganesha to take home for the week
- Friday, August 25 - Friday, September 1: Join us on Facebook for a new story, mudra, mantra, image & music each day
- Saturday, September 2 8:30-11:30am: Grand finale celebration with an amazing morning of asana, music, stories and myths, art, mantra, meditation and more! (probably a sweet treat in there somewhere too!)
- $60 for full 10-day celebration August 24 - September 2 (please pre-register so we have goodies for you!)
- ·$25 for Thursday, August 24 only (Drop-in only as space allows)
- $50 for Saturday, September 2 (Drop-in only as space allows)
Om Sri Ganapataye Namah!
A 10-day celebration of all things Ganesha!
You probably know him by his big ol' elephant head ... Ganesha is one of the most well-known and well-loved of the Indian deities.
Here are some other fun facts about this fascinating character -
- He's known as the Remover of Obstacles and a Lord of letters and learning.
- He LOVES sweets (ever heard of Modak?)
- He is the son of Shiva and Parvati (and wait until you hear some of THIS family story!)
- He often holds in his hands a bowl of sweets, his own broken tusk, an axe and a noose (wonder why?)
- He's even got his very own festival - that is some serious love and devotion!