Yoga Nidra is a form of mindfulness training in which a person is guided through the different layers of the whole person – physical, energetic, emotional, mental and pure being. Yoga Nidra increases body awareness, a sense of ease in both body and mind. It also increases energy and creativity as beliefs and other mental habits are recognized and released. This practice helps people resolve their suffering and experience deep healing and lasting peace.
Research has shown that iRest Yoga Nidra effectively reduces PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder), depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic pain and chemical dependency. iRest is integrative in that it heals the various unresolved issues, traumas, and wounds that are present in the body and mind. It is restorative in that it aids its practitioners in recognizing their underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances of life. This practice is typically taught as a guided meditation. Students can lie down or sit comfortably during the practice.
“Peace arrives when we cease trying to make this moment different and instead, live deeply, directly, and simply from what we are—the Mystery of pure Being. Living as Being we realize that it is the Mystery and not the ego-mind that is the real power that transforms our actions, our relationships, and the world around us.” ~ Richard Miller
People using iRest report:
- Decreased stress, anxiety, fear and depression
- Decreased insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Decreased perception of chronic and acute pain
- Improved interpersonal relations
- Increased energy levels
- Increased sense of control in their lives
- More confidence and joy in their lives
- Greater sense of peace and wellbeing
iRest Yoga Nidra is an evidence-based transformative practice of deep relaxation and meditative inquiry that releases negative emotions and thought patterns, calms the nervous system and develops a deep capacity to meet any and all circumstances you may encounter in life.
During this workshop, you will:
• Experience the ten steps of iRest Yoga Nidra Meditation
• Understand current research underlying iRest
• Utilize the power of 'opposites' to potentiate healing
• Diffuse resistance, stress, pain, and insomnia through the power of ‘Welcoming’
• Recognize Essential Nature as your ultimate inner resource of unbreakable well-being
Friday, November 2: 5-8pm
Saturday, November 3: 8am-12pm and 1-5pm
Sunday, November 4: 8am-12pm and 1-5pm
This workshop is facilitated by Mira Binzen, certified level 3 iRest Yoga Nidra teacher, certified Yoga Therapist and co-founder of Global Family Yoga.